Sunday, September 21, 2014

Vale la Pena

What am I doing here... at times I have literally no idea.
Let's just recap my life over the past 2 weeks.

Domingo Sep. 7:
Get a call telling me that I will be saying in Tucumán, AR. for another transfer but Elder Vera will be leaving to be a zone leader in Santiago de Estero, AR.

Lunes Sep. 8:
Woke up to drop E' Vera off at the terminal and waited 13 hours for my new companion to arrive (Elder Dawson from North Carolina). No time to wash clothes or buy food or write family.

Jueves Sep. 11:
All day lunch and meeting with Elder Jorge F. Zeballos of the first quorum of the Seventy. Amazing. Absolutely AMAZING.

Sábado Sep 13:
During our baptism, we get a call saying we are leaving in the morning for Córdoba, AR (a different mission in a different Provence) and then to Chile (the country) to do stuff for our visas.

Domingo Sep 14:
All day in a colectivo (2 story charter bus). Eat dinner in the mission home with President  Alliaud and his wife. Take pictures in front of the to be completed Còrdoba Temple. Embark for Mendoza, AR (different mission in a different Provence).

Lunes Sep 15:
Eat breakfast in the capital of Mendoza. Arrive at the boarder of Chile in the middle of the Andes Mountains. Snow ball fight while waiting for 2 hours to cross over. Dinner at an awesome Chilean restaurant. So awesome. Start our journey back home.

Martes Sep 16:
While eating lunch in the middle of a ghost town in Córdoba, AR, get a phone call from Elder Merrel (Asst to the president) saying when I get back from Chile I will need to pack all of my stuff and then catch a colectivo to Salta, AR because I am the new Secretario de la misiòn.

Miércoles Sep 17: 
Arrive in Tucumán, AR at 8am. Pack all of my stuff (and shower!) and then back in the terminal headed to Salta at 1pm. Arrive in Salta... still trying to figure out where I go from here...

Totals:
0 changes of clothes
0 showers
2 countries
6 providences
96 hours in a bus
436 pictures
Vale la Pena


Miss you guys,

Elder Devin G. Hampton

No comments:

Post a Comment