Monday, August 25, 2014

Washing The Feet of His Fold

MOM, Accept the facebook request from Alejandra Cuevas. The Cuevaz family lived in UTAH for a few years and she speaks Spanish and English. She Rocks. They are as close to the HAMPTON family here in ARG.

Bought a portable DVD. I love the sales/people skills Dad and Troy and Grandpa have taught me. My pockets are a little heavier because of it.

I appreciate the help with the Health. I am a pillar of energy and spirit this week. Thank you.

I want to share an experience with you about my week this last week.

One of our investigators, Miguel Giminez, has a badly infected leg. Last week it was to the point where infection has been saliendo (I don't really know an adequate word in English) out of an open wound in his knee for over 2 months. We teach him almost every other day and his pant leg is always soaked with fluid around his knee. It is terrible. He has ulcers on his feet and very very very affected toe nails that are changing the color of his toes. The shoes he wears are normal sneakers but very dried and almost like sand paper.

This last week, Elder Vera and I performed  surgery.

We washed his leg and messaged the infection out of his leg for about an hour using a lot of gause to clean as we worked. Elder Vera had a pair of Crocs (The spongy shoe) that he turned into shoes that Miguel could wear. We washed his feet, peeling off crust and dirt from in between his toes and heals. We cleaned his legs and feet, took out as much infection as we could, used purification oil on his knee and feet and then wrapped everything in bandages to absorb the oil and keep it clean. Left with a priesthood blessing of health and a scripture on Charity (His favorite topic to listen to).

To be honest and open, it was a very trying experience, yet, I don´t know if I´ve ever felt more humble. While we were washing his feet Elder Vera had said a comment that made me realize what we were really doing. As representatives of Jesus Christ, we were literally washing the feet of another person like Christ had done in Juan 13. For the rest of the day I reflected on what we had done for Miguel; Feeling an insurmountable feeling of gratitude and love for my Savior.

Mom, I have to just say thank you for what you and Dad have taught me. Daily I represent two names. Hampton and Jesucristo. I am not here as Devin. Not for a second. A life of sacrifice yields the best tasting fruit, a heart full of love, a life filled the blessings of Eternity.

Enjoy your week my family.
You are always in my prayers and in my thoughts.

THINGS I NEED...well, I really don't need anything, but I would REALLY like:
PEANUT BUTTER
P90X VIDEOS ON USB
Taco Bell seasoning

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU.
Chao!

Elder Devin G. Hampton

1 comment:

  1. So True! What humble companions, living close to the spirit of their work and service

    ReplyDelete