Saturday, January 23, 2016

Where Do I Go For Peace?

I was asked a GREAT question: "Where do you go for peace?"

I thought I would share my answer with you guys:

If there was a physical place (within mission boundaries) that I could encounter peace, I have not found it yet. However, I do feel peace as I go to God which specific questions and workout with Him my understanding of His answers. That peace comes when He opens my mind to the knowledge and understanding that awaits on the other side of the veil. Not the veil of death, nor of forgetfulness, rather the veil that I believe God places between us and His reviled truths in order to keep them sacred and peaceful. This peace sometimes feels like a mental expansion or physical connection with those “things which are not seen, which are true.” I go to the scriptures to invite this peace, but it is not until I kneel down and vocally ask “with a sincere heart” that I am allowed to cross this veil and find peace.

Take time to find peace this week; not the peace of this world, but the peace Christ gives us.

I love you all.

Élder Hampton | Misión Argentina Salta

No comments:

Post a Comment