Thursday, November 20, 2014

God is a God of MIRACLES

GOSH WHAT A WEEK!

I can’t tell you how much my heart is filled with love for you guys. Thank you for all of the pictures of Trevor's game.  I loved to see everyone!

HIGH(s): People are moving to our area to be baptized. Its pretty amazing to watch the miracles of the Lord play out. Hermana Reynoso (My Cam) is back from her honeymoon and I have her running 18 missionaries through "migraciones" or the place where we make missionries legal these next 2 weeks. Teaching Elder Purser (my companion) to drive a stick shift - See Pictures

LOW(s): A lot of my buddies are ending their mission in 2 weeks. No one wanting to listen to two sopping wet missionaries this past Wednesday (but a high- walking in the rain with my companion). AND having one of our investigators who was supposed to be baptized last week disappear... interesting....

Can I just express that God is still a God of miracles! Every day in our area is so short (less than 4 hours every day) but our success has not waivered a bit. President Chaparro in our incoming interviews for the office said that the miracles we see in our area will be a direct result from the work we do in the offices. This morning my mind was taken to the scripture in D&C 35 so often used to describe missionaries. “Wherefore I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit.” I know without a doubt that I have been overly blessed to be able to work in the offices and then still get to see the hand of the lord work salvation in the lives of others.

"​For I am God, and mine arm is not shortened; and I will show miracles, signs, and wonders, unto all those who believe on my name.
And whoso shall ask it in my name in faith, they shall castout devils; they shall heal the sick; they shall cause the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak,and the lame to walk.​" (D&C 35)

It’s true that when ​we first come on ​our missions, you may be weak and unlearned​, but when we put our trust and faith in the Lord I am amazed​​ by how ​we so quickly become “exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity…and true at all times in whatsoever thing you are entrusted.”

And ​to ​think about what the Lord has entrusted ​me with….the salvation of His children living in ​the Argentina Salta Mission.  What a great responsibility.  ​I am so grateful to​ b​e​ here.  ​I am so grateful to be in this​ service.  ​I am so thankful for what I am​ doing.

I love you all so much!
Thank you for all that you do for me.
Until Next Week!

Elder Devin G. Hampton​​




PS My companion would like it to be made know that he lives in Syracuse Utah NOT VERNAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment