Thursday, May 22, 2014

MTC Week #2

  1. Living - I share an apartment with 3 other missionaries, Elders Bradley, Philpot, and Erickson. We all get along very well. We are all very good at singing and are very "Mormon Boy Band" when we get home from Teaching/Learning/Studying every day. All hymns in Spanish, All in 4 part harmony, All guys...You can let your imagination run with that one for a while...
  2. Elder Bradley - Companion from Detroit, Michigan. He knows Nacho Libre better than I do. He quotes it more in one week than I have in my entire life. He is a phenomenal whistler. He also has a great voice, even better than mine........... I am trying to practice humility... He's clean. Farts a lot.... but so does everyone here. He and I whistle everywhere. We've started a signup sheet for a whistling choir. We as a choir will be performing a whistling rendition of "Count Your Blessings" for President Eyring next Sunday.
  3. Teaching - You don't know how great The Lord is at humbling his people until you are the one under the rock. I thought I knew Spanish very well.... I still think that I know Spanish, but everytime E' Bradley and I teach (1 of our FOUR investigators) we are reminded that the Spirit will be the one who converts this guy because we don't know what the heck we are saying. However, as much as I don't think our lessons are going well AND have experienced such a blessing of the gift of tongues (Del don de languas), We committed one of our Investigators to be baptized on the 3rd of June...too bad he is already a member! Sneaky little pebble! 
  4. Food - Everything here gives you gas. The breakfast, lunches, dinners, HECK! even the drinking fountains! Our apartment smells terrible day and night. There is a cereal bar, which is everyone's favorite, but I only eat cereal on "Special Occasions". Every Sunday they bring over pints of ice-cream from the creamery. I kind of blackout on Sundays... I don't know what's wrong with me... I need to see someone about this. I don't know what's happening and then all of a sudden 2 cartons of ice-cream are empty in front of me...
  5. Scheduling - 3 - 3.5hr study blocks a day. 1 hour for gym (which is usually Volley Bally with our Zone, we have 4 people in our zone that played in College and 2 Tongans so Volley Ball games are the best. I love it). It is SO HARD to tell what day of the week it is! "Weekends" = Wednesday, "Sundays" = Sunday and Tuesday "Weekdays" = Thursday - Saturday + Monday... Thank goodness for the Daily Planner...
  6. Mail - I love DearElder letters! It is like getting a text message from whoever is sending them. I am the District Leader so I collect the Mail 3 times a day, and everytime I get SO EXCITED when I see my name on anything! I could care less if the letter said "Hey Devin, Your not missed at all around here. Just though I'd let you know. Bye!" I am getting letters from people but I have no time ever to write back to them... Time is hard to balance...speaking of which, I am completely out of...

I love you with all my heart!
Elder Hampton


No comments:

Post a Comment