Monday, January 19, 2015

Savannah

Savannah,

You make me so proud. I love reading your stories and hear of your experiences. I makes me happy to hear that you are so aware of the needs of others. You, I and every single one of us remember what it was like to be a 6th grader. It wasn't that much fun and if a 6th grader doesn't have many friends it makes it even worse. Savannah, the Lord is always trusting US as members of the church to help and watch over his children. You being a example to your new friend and being and being so nice to her is like saying to Heavenly Father "It's alright, I got this one, you don't need to worry about her. I'll take care of her! Don't You Worry, Heavenly Father. You can count on me to be her companion!" Savannah, people like her are nothing less than a child of God who has the potential to become a Heavenly Mother someday. Did you know that, Savannah? That exaltation means becoming like our Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother, even Heavenly Fathers and Heavenly Mothers like them? When I have a hard time teaching people (because I don't want to listen to them or they don't want to listen to me) I try to think of them as if they accepted the gospel, were faithful all throughout their life, and had made it to become like their Heavenly Father. It changes our patience level with people. It makes us stop and think just a little bit longer about WHO we are talking to.

I love to hear that you are helping her. That makes me so proud of you.
Maybe you should think about inviting her to one of the next Young Women activities... Can you imagine if she met all of the awesome young women and then felt like she really had a group that loved her and where she was welcome? Don't be afraid to invite her. If you don't know what to say, ask the missionaries to help you. The next time the missionaries are over, ask them if they can help you practice inviting her to an activity... It might help.

Savannah, I love you very much. I am so excited for your birthday in 2 days and hope that your enjoy not having your birthday on a Sunday! ;)

Happy Birthday Savannah!
Love you very much!

Élder Hampton|Secretario

No comments:

Post a Comment